Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Different Sort of Silence of the Lambs

I have been sick for a couple of days. My mother, out of the goodness of her dear heart, came and picked up my children about an hour ago. I settled down to read a book and sleep. Then, it happened. The Silence of no children in the house came crashing down upon me. Do you have any idea how unnerving it is to be in a house where only the jingle of the dog's tag on her collar can be heard?
I do not think I could stand living alone again without noise, without other people. Thank you, Lord, for my mother and thank you, Lord, for the noise that I usually have. May I always be surrounded by my children, their activity and their noise.

1 comment:

Che' Lovell said...

Hi Pilgrim,

You asked about where I got the statistics about seminarians...

Here it is. It is a little dated, but pretty good.

http://www.ad2000.com.au/articles/2005/sep2005p7_2045.html